Being ON TIME … It Matters!
May 1, 2023
At the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, we understand how important it is for you to get in the air … on time! The BTR airlines strive to make sure all flights depart punctually, so passengers can have a stress-free and enjoyable travel experience.
BTR is proud to provide travelers with one of the best on-time records and lowest cancellation rates in the country.
The Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport is an ON-TIME leader.
- The airport's on-time departures are at 85.27%, significantly higher than the national average of 78.62%.
- The percentage of flights canceled at BTR is 1.69%, lower than the national average of 2.47%.
To help ensure your departure is on time, here are some tips.
While flight delays can be attributed to airline procedures, there are ways you can take punctuality into your own hands when traveling!
- Book your flight as far in advance as possible. The earlier you book, the better chances you have of getting a good seat and not having to pay extra for it.
- Arrive at the airport early. Don't wait until the last minute to get ready for your trip; arrive at least an hour before your flight leaves, so that there's plenty of time for check-in and security screening. If possible, try to arrive two hours before departure so that there's no chance of missing it!
- Check in online beforehand if possible; this will save time when checking bags at the counter since they won't need any additional information from passengers (such as addresses). It also lets them know exactly what items are coming through security with each passenger rather than having them search through their belongings one by one — which can cause delays if lines back up too much behind those waiting their turn!